Animal Control

6207 Timmons Road
Snow Hill, MD 21863

Phone: (410) 632-1340



We are on Facebook!

car temperature safety chart



The primary indentification for dogs and cats is their TAG worn on their collar. All other I.D. is considered secondary.

  • 95 % of the lost pets found without a tag DO NOT get home !
  • 95 % of lost pets found with a tag DO get home
  • A lost pet's BEST ticket home is a tag worn on its collar.


Micro Chipping

Micro Chipping sevice will be available only during spay/neuter clinics at the present time. Cost is $25 per cat/dog. The procedure is no more painful than any vaccination done on the animal. The chip is the new ISO universally accepted 15 number chip and is smaller than a grain of rice. Registration of the chip is free. It is produced by DATAMARS and is registered at petlink.net. Call our office to set an appointment.


Spay and Neuter Clinics

Low cost spay and neuter clinics are held two consecutive Mondays a month. The cost is $50.00 to spay or neuter cats. The cost is $100.00 to spay or neuter dogs. Current Rabies certificates are required, if vaccination is not current, there will be an additional $10 fee. Appointments are required, please call to schedule an appointment.


Rabies Vaccination and Licensing FAQs

  • Does my pet have to be vaccinated for rabies?
    Yes. Maryland law and regulation require all dogs, cats and ferrets age 4 months and older must be adequately vaccinated against rabies. Rabies shots typically expire after one to three years depending on the animal’s age and the type of vaccine used.
  • Where can I get a rabies vaccination for my pet?
    Rabies vaccinations are available through area veterinary offices. Worcester County Health Department and Animal Control partner to provide semi-annual rabies clinics at a cost of only $5 per pet. Dates, times and locations will be announced to the public and media.
  • Do both cats and dogs have to be licensed?
    Yes. Worcester County law requires that any dog or cat older than 4 months must be licensed in the county.
  • How do I license my cat or dog?
    Many licensed veterinarians and Animal Control have the authority to issue a dog or cat license and issue the license tag.  Contact your vet or Worcester County Animal Control for more information at 410-632-1340.
  • Do I have to renew the dog or cat license?
    Licenses are only valid while the pet’s rabies vaccination is valid. Before a license is issued, the pet owner must prove that the dog or cat has been vaccinated against rabies and that the vaccination is still effective. 
  • What happens if I lose the license tag?
    ​You present your pet’s rabies vaccination certificate to Animal Control to receive a new license. 


Department Administration

Glen Grandstaff

Chief Animal Control Officer

Phone: (410) 632-1340