Snow Hill, Maryland (January 5, 2022): Worcester County Government (WCG) encourages those interested in becoming more involved in the community to volunteer on a Worcester County board or commission. Members are appointed by the County Commissioners to fill two types of vacancies: seats that represent each of the seven election districts, and open seats that may be filled by residents throughout Worcester County.
Current district seats are available on the following boards and commissions:
- District One, Southern District – Agricultural Preservation Advisory Board, Local Management Board, and Social Services Advisory Board
- District Three, Sinepuxent District – Board of Electrical Examiners, Ethics Board, Recreation Advisory Board, Commission for Women, and Water and Sewer Advisory Councils (WSAC) for Mystic Harbour (3 seats) and West Ocean City (2 seats)
- District Four, Western District – Economic Development Advisory Board, Tourism Advisory Committee, and Recreation Advisory Board
- District Five, Ocean Pines District – Social Services Advisory Board, and Ocean Pines WSAC (2 seats)
- District Six, Northern District –Ethics Board, Planning Commission, and Recreation Advisory Board
- District Seven, Ocean City – Economic Development Advisory Board, Board of Electrical Examiners, Housing Review Board, Social Services Advisory Board, and Tourism Advisory Committee
Current open seats that may be filled by residents countywide include the Adult Public Guardianship Board (2 seats), Drug and Alcohol Abuse Council (1 seat), Local Development Council for Ocean Downs Casino (4 seats), Commission for Women (1 seat), and the WSAC for Mystic Harbour (3 seats), West Ocean City (2 seats), and Ocean Pines (3 seats).
In the event that WCG receives more interest in a particular committee than there are available seats, the commissioners will maintain an interest list to help fill future vacancies. To learn more, call Karen Hammer at 410-632-1194, or send a letter of interest, along with a resume or cover letter outlining any pertinent experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org or Worcester County Administration at One West Market Street, Room 1103, Snow Hill, Maryland 21863.