Developed under the Federal Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act and the Clean Air Act the Worcester County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) meets on a quarterly basis. The meetings are held at the Worcester County Government Office Building , 1 W. Market St. in Snow Hill on the fourth Thursday in January, April, July and October.
Active members of the Worcester County LEPC include:
- American Red Cross
- Atlantic General Hospital
- Delmarva Power
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Sharp Energy
- Town of Pocomoke
- Tyson Foods
- Worcester County Board of Education
- Worcester County Development, Review, and Permitting
- Worcester County Emergency Services
- Worcester County Environmental Programs
- Worcester County Fire Chief's Committee
- Worcester County Fire Marshal's Office
- Worcester County Health Department
- Worcester County Jail
- Worcester County Public Works
- Worcester County Sheriff's Office
- Worcester County Special Hazards Response Team
The meetings not only discuss planning and response to hazardous materials incidents but usually feature a guest speaker from a field relevant to hazardous materials.
All LEPC meetings are open to the public. For more information you may contact the LEPC's Chairman James Hamilton or Information Coordinator Fred Webster at 410-632-1311.