Worcester County Government (WCG) offices will close at noon Thursday, December 24, 2015, in observance of the Christmas holiday and reopen Monday, Dec. 28. WCG offices will also be closed Friday, January 1, 2016 for New Year’s Day.
The Solid Waste Division of Public Works, both the Central Landfill in Newark and Homeowner Convenience Centers (HCCs), holiday hours of operation are as follows. Reminder, HCCs are closed Wednesdays.
· HCCs and the Central Landfill will close at noon Dec. 24 and reopen Dec. 26
· HCCs and the Central Landfill will be closed Jan. 1 and reopen Jan. 2
All five branches of the Worcester County Library will be closed Dec. 24 - Dec. 27 and will reopen Dec. 28. The branch libraries will also be closed Dec. 31 – Jan. 1, and reopen Jan. 2.
The Worcester County Recreation Center (WCRC) in Snow Hill is closed on Sundays and will observe the following hours throughout the holiday season.
· WCRC closes at noon Dec. 24 and reopens Dec. 28 at 8 a.m.
· WCRC will be closed on the following Saturdays: Dec. 26 and Jan. 2
· WCRC closes at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 31 and reopens January 4
· WCRC is currently closed on weekends but will resume Saturday hours beginning Jan. 9
WCG staff wish one and all safe and happy holidays. For more information on WCG hours of operation, contact Kim Moses, public information officer, at (410) 632-1194.