(Snow Hill, MD)- The Worcester County Health Department is offering discounted TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) classes and certification to Worcester County alcohol-licensed establishments. TIPS training is shown to decrease an establishment’s chances of alcohol violation penalties, keep our community safer, and increase customer satisfaction.
Trainings are $45.00 per participant and the next training is scheduled from 12-4pm on Thursday, October 25, at the Worcester County Health Department (6040 Public Landing Rd., Snow Hill). The holiday season is almost upon us and it can be a busy time. When you serve alcohol, please know the risks:• Risk lawsuits if you over-serve.• Risk lives if you serve a drunk driver.• Risk your livelihood if you sell to a minor. Participants will leave this responsible beverage sales training prepared to:
- Recognize the signs of intoxication.
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors.
- Intervene quickly and confidently in potential problem situations.
- Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those getting into trouble with alcohol.
- Use proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems.
- For more information or to register, please call Lois Twilley or Lynn Suarezapecheche at 410-632-0056.
Media Contact: Travis Brown
410.632.1100 ext. 1130