201 Belt Street, Suite C
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Phone: (410) 632-1320
Fax: (410) 632-3031
Notice to the Public
The Worcester County Board of Election will be performing the following 2020 Primary Election activities. Due to the COVID-19 health emergency these activities will be viewable online and by phone:
- Public Logic and Accuracy Testing – Friday, May 22, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- Stream address https://townhallstreams.com/towns/worcester_county_md
- View the livestream: https://stream.meet.google.com/stream/91d41b6f-4b44-48e2-9cb1-62a0c1d0bcde (To observe discussion)
- Join by phone - +1 601-840-3099 PIN: 119 254 385# (To participate in discussion)
- Canvass Dates (counting of the ballots) – Will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday May 26, 2020. Live streaming of the canvass will be available. Beginning on May 26th, by 5:00 p.m. each day, we will post through our social media www.facebook.com/WorcesterCountyBoardofElections if ballot tabulation will occur the following day. The online event information will be posted on our social media at that time. We will not be providing results until June 2nd at 8:00 p.m. after the in-person voting location has closed. The tabulation process could continue through at least June 12th.
- All streams can be viewed at https://townhallstreams.com/towns/worcester_county_md
To slow the spread of COVID-19, we are changing how we will vote in the upcoming elections
The presidential primary election originally scheduled for April 28, 2020, has been moved to June 2, 2020. This election will be conducted primarily by mail. All registered and eligible voters will be mailed a ballot for this election....
The Worcester County Board of Elections (WCBOE) conducts Federal, State and County elections on every even numbered year.
Video providing basic information about the provisional voting process:
2020 ELECTION VOTER INFORMATION
2020 Polling Locations
As of March 13, 2020, the early voting polling location for the Presidential Primary has been changed to the Worcester County Government Center, Training Rooms A & B, located at One W. Market Street in Snow Hill.
• Early Voting - Thursday, April 16 through Thursday, April 23, 2020, from 10 am until 8 pm.
• Election Day – Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - Polls open 7 am to 8 pm
• Early Voting - Thursday, October 22 through Thursday, October 29, 2020. Polls open from 8 am until 8 pm.
• Election Day – Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - Polls open 7 am to 8 pm
Offices that will be listed on the 2020 Ballot
President and Vice President of the United States
Representatives in Congress
Female Delegates to the Democratic National Convention
Male Delegates to the Democratic National Convention
Delegates to the Republican National Convention
Alternate Delegates to the Republican National Convention
Judge of the Circuit Court
Judges of the Court of Special Appeals - For retention in office. Only on General Election Ballot
Judges of the Court of Appeals - For retention in office. Only on General Election Ballot
Board of Education
An Absentee Ballot Application is available from the Worcester County Board of Elections
office or online at https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration. Absentee Ballot Applications must be submitted no later than 7 days before an election. Absentee Ballots must be received by our office on Election Day. The Absentee Ballots are usually available to voters 45 days prior to the election. Please allow ample time for mailing the application and ballot. Additional postage may be required to return your voted ballot by mail.
Voter registration applications are available at all libraries, post offices, Motor Vehicle Department, schools, city halls and state offices, or you can call our office and request an application to be mailed to you. You can also download a voter registration application at http://elections.maryland.gov/voter_registration/application.html. You can register to vote in Worcester County if you will be 18 years of age or older by November 3, 2020.
The registration deadline for the Presidential Primary is April 7, 2020.
To Change your Name or Address
You can use the Voter Registration Application mentioned above to change your name and address, or you can call our office and we will send you a form to change your name or address. We must have your signature on the form before we can make any changes to your registration.
How do I verify my registration?
You are considered a registered voter when you receive your Voter Notification Card from your local board of elections. If you do not receive your card three weeks after you submit an application, you should contact our office.
You can verify your registration online at https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/votersearch. Registration is permanent as long as you continue to live in Maryland and keep your name and address current with your local board of elections. You do not have to re-register when you move within the State, but you must keep your address current.